- Town of Signal Mountain
- Official town council meeting minutes
- Town council meeting notes
- Signal Mountain Town Budget
- Signal Mountain Public Library
- Signal Mountain Recycling Center
- Signal Mountain Post Office
- Signal Mountain Emergency Services
- Signal Mountain Utility Services
- History of Signal Mountain
- HATS OFF
- Just for Kids
- Community Interests
- Signal Mountain Newcomers
- Signal Mountain Historic District
- Signal Mountain Recreation & Sports
- The Signal Mountain Baptist Church
- St. Augustine Catholic Church
- Signal Mountain Bible
- Signal Mountain Church of Christ
- Signal Mountain Presbyterian
- St. Timothy's Episcopal
- Wayside Presbyterian
- Signal Crest United Methodist
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Community | Articles of interest to the community.
published on 02/21/2009
The Independent Film Series Continues
The AEC Independent Film Series brings award-winning, independent films to Chattanooga that would otherwise be unavailable on our city's big screens. The Series is held twice a year, showing a new film each week for 12 weeks at the downtown Bijou Theatre. The Spring Series runs from February through May, and the Fall Series runs from September through December.
The AEC Spring Independent Film Series continues at the Bijou Theatre with The Secret of the Grain.
Matinee showings are only available Friday through Sunday. There are no matinee shows before 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday.
The Secret of the Grain
February 20 - February 26
Sixty-year-old Slimane Beiji (Habib Boufares) is consumed with feelings of failure and inadequacy when he is forced out of his job at a local shipyard. Slimane's main focus is to remain close with his family despite the emotional tensions and financial difficulties. Determined to leave a legacy for his beloved family, and encouraged by his new partner's daughter, Rym (Hafsia Herzi), he pursues his dream of converting a dilapidated boat into a family restaurant that will specialize in his ex-wife's fish couscous, a meal that she prepares for the entire family every Sunday. What appears to be an unreachable dream becomes a project that gradually brings his family together in hopes of a better life.
Purchase a 2009 Film Club Card to support the AEC Independent Film Series!
Call or purchase a card online.
Good thru December 31, 2009.
Why purchase an AEC Film Club Card?
For only $15, you can support the AEC Film Series and enjoy these great benefits for a whole year:
1) Matinee prices on Film Series movies
2) Reduced admission to the Back Row Film Series and other special film events
3) Discounts at area restaurants and businesses.
4) Weekly e-mail updates about each film, including showtimes and fun facts
Most importantly, your membership helps to ensure that the AEC Independent Film Series continues!
10% off purchases at A Novel Idea Bookstore
10% off entrees at Big River Grille
10% off purchases at Bluewater Grille
Four (4) free classes redeemable by new clients at ClearSpring Yoga
10% off retail purchases at Greyfriar's Coffee and Tea Co.
10% off food purchases at 212 Market
10% off purchases at Wild Hare Books, Signal Mountain
10% off regular price merchandise at World Next Door on Market Street
"I've Loved You So Long"
"Waltz with Bashir"
Click here to view the full schedule for the Spring Independent Film Series.
Tell us what you thought about last week's film! Go here to leave comments about Tell No One.